Enjoying delicious cake on the Keto diet? Yes- it's possible, plus it's gluten free! This Fruity Keto Poke Cake from Allie Bertelson, adapted from This Mom’s Menu Tres Leches Cake, uses Everly Drink mix to provide subtle fruit flavor and an incredibly moist cake.
Recipe + photo by Allie Bertelson
Fruity Keto Poke Cake
Calories per slice: 235. Makes two 4-inch round cakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup sweetener (stevia or erythritol)
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP almond flour
- 2 TBSP low carb whey protein powder
- 1/8 TSP salt
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 TSP Everly Fruit Punch or Peach Mango Hydration mix
- 1/2 packet gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TSP powdered sweetener (stevia or erythritol)
- 1/4 TSP xantham gum
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and prepare two 4-inch springform round cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, whey protein, salt and baking powder, stirring to combine. Set the mixture aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the butter, vanilla, and erythritol. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and whipping cream and beat again until well integrated.
- Working in batches, add the dry ingredients in with the wet, mixing after each addition until you have a smooth, creamy batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool for at least 15, then carefully, turn it out onto your serving plate. Make holes with skewer or toothpick all over cake, about 1/2” apart
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp cold water with Everly. Sprinkle with 1/2 packet Knox gelatin, then stir in 6 tbsp boiling water. Let sit for about 5 minutes then pour over poked cakes
- Combine all the ingredients for the topping in a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer beat until stiff peaks form and the mixture has at least doubled in size. Once cake has completely cooled, spread or pipe the whipped cream on top and serve