Sugar-free Gummy Worms
Link to recipe below
7 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped fine
2 cups butter or coconut oil
1 ¼ cup Swerve confectioners
1 TBSP Stevia Glycerite (adjust to desired sweetness)
5 large eggs
1 TSP vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean scraped clean)
1 TSP almond extract
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 TBSP Stevia Glycerite (to taste)
- Make the gummy worms and set in the fridge to set while you make the dirt cake.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8 inch pan and line with parchment paper (greased or mini muffin tins). Grease parchment paper.
- Brown the butter (if desired…tastes way better!) in a saucepan. Once the butter is brown (not black!), slowly add the chocolate (don’t burn the chocolate). Add the sweetener. Let cool in fridge.
- Once cool, add one egg at a time. Add the extracts. The batter may be lumpy at this time.
- Stir well using a hand mixer until very smooth.
- Pour into the pie pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Once cool, crumble into “dirt.”
- To make the cream layer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Add the softened cream cheese and sweetener to taste. Mix until creamy.
- To assemble, place 2 tablespoons of “dirt” into a small serving cup. Top with 2 tablespoons of the cream filling, then top with another 2 tablespoons of “dirt.” Garnish with keto gummy worms.